Losing weight requires you to burn more calories than you consume. By choosing to eat only fruits and vegetables, you can lose weight quickly, assuming your exercise will burn off what you have eaten, plus what fats have already been stored in your body. Any restrictive diet can be dangerous if followed for a long time, as you will not be getting many nutrients that come from foods other than fruits and vegetables. You should always consult your primary care physician before trying any diet.
Sample Menu No. 1Step 1
Prepare a breakfast that includes a fruit salad made with a banana, berries, apple and orange juice. Drink plenty of water and provide yourself with several cut-up vegetable snacks (such as carrots or bell pepper rings) to carry you through until lunchtime.
Sample Menu No. 1Step 2
Eat a healthy salad for lunch that includes fresh spinach to add protein. Add one fifth of a sliced avocado, which is high in calories, but has many nutrients and healthy fats. Avoid any salad dressing, and instead use a splash of lemon juice. Eat a whole orange or a handful of blueberries for a midday snack. Drink a glass of water at lunch and with your snack.
Sample Menu No. 1Step 3
Make a stir-fry for dinner that includes pre-steamed soybeans (edamame), greens, seaweed, red and green peppers, onions, carrots and bok choy. Add ginger and some red pepper flakes for flavor. Bake an apple dabbed in honey for a sweet dessert. Drink a glass of water or fruit juice.
Sample Menu No. 2Step 1
Make a fruit smoothie for breakfast by combining apple or pear juice, frozen strawberries and a banana in a blender. Whip until creamy. Snack on a handful of dried fruit such as apricots or raisins until lunch. Drink a glass of water or herbal tea.
Sample Menu No. 2Step 2
Make yourself a sauteed vegetable medley for lunch. Use bell peppers, eggplant, onions, garlic and arugula and cook with a scant amount of olive oil. Eat a steamed or baked sweet potato with a drizzle of honey to round out the meal. Enjoy a ripe peach for snacking. Drink a glass of water with lunch and with snacks.
Sample Menu No. 2Step 3
Cook a spaghetti squash for dinner. Steam the squash then pull the meat out in strings. Top with a homemade sauce using fresh or canned tomatoes cooked with basil, oregano and garlic. Be creative with your sauce and add mushrooms, bell peppers, eggplant or even shredded carrots. Eat some fresh melon and berries for dessert. Drink a glass of water or fruit juice.
Items you will need
- ✓ Variety of frozen or fresh in season vegetables and fruits
- ✓ Pure water
- ✓ Variety of spices or seasonings
- For best results, you should increase your activity level, but do not overdo it. Make sure you keep raisins or other dried fruit handy to prevent you from breaking your diet when hunger pangs hit. Make your fruit and vegetable choices based on what is in season and thoroughly wash before consuming. You may wish to include a multivitamin daily.
- Do not stay on any restrictive diet such as this for more than two weeks and expect some increase in bowel movements due to the extra cellulose intake. If you become ill, seek medical advice immediately.
- diet image by dinostock from Fotolia.com
This article reflects the views of the writer and does not necessarily reflect the views of Jillian Michaels or JillianMichaels.com.